Also known as butt lift or bum job or, more properly, gluteoplasty
Some people have big bums and were born that way and have always had a big bum. Ethnicity also plays a part. Others may have grown one with ageing, from losing a lot of weight or muscle mass, or from sedentary lifestyle. Some people can be in good shape and fit but have a stubbornly big bum (butt) no matter how much they diet or exercise. A buttock lift (or gluteoplasty, or butt lift) removes excess flabby skin and fat by surgical excision. This is often done along with liposuction to further improve appearances. The effect can be a dramatic improvement in appearance.
Some people consider it fashionable to have an unnaturally high butt, and have a big desire for a “Brazilian butt lift”. This procedure adds or redistributes volume using fat transfer, rather than excision. Others may have a very strong wish for an unnaturally skinny bum.
When to Consider a Buttock Lift or Surgery
- If you have loose, sagging skin and extra fat in your buttocks
- If you recently experienced dramatic weight loss and are now close to your ideal weight but loose skin spoils apperance
- If your big bum (gluteal area) is out of proportion makes you feel self-conscious
- If the excess skin and fat make you uncomfortable or cause mobility problems
- If you have a very strong desire for more fashionably shapely buttocks.